Friday, March 29, 2013

*18 weeks*

 
It's the little things...
 
I can't believe we're almost half way there! These past few months have been flying by like it's no one's business! I sat down to just really think about and appreciate the little things that come with pregnancy.
 
1. The flutters. Feeling the baby dancing on my tummy is seriously the COOLEST thing ever. One of my friends told me to appreciate it, because in a few months I'll be begging the baby to stop kicking my ribs! So every time I feel a little dance, I slow down and appreciate it :)
 
2. Andrew's reactions. He has seriously been such an amazing partner through all of this. Whether it's rubbing my  feet, fetching my favorite food, or just telling me I look great :p His reactions to the baby though have been my favorite part. I remember the first time I really felt this hard lump pushing out of my stomach in the middle of the night. I shook him awake and yelled, "OH MY GOSH FEEL THIS!!!" For weeks I had been telling myself there was a bump, and he had always agreed (just to make me feel better.) He ran his hand over the bump and just looked at me amazed like, whoa...there's really a baby in there! From that moment on he always talks to my tummy, reminding our baby just how loved he/she is. :)
 
3. Nice people. I've heard that once you're pregnant you get royal treatment, but HOLY COW was that an understatement! I have bags being carried for me, extra love from waiters, I even had a facial the other day and she gave me an extra 30 minutes with a massage! People are so wonderful, and I think everyone loves seeing a new miracle being made. I love the south.
 
4. The Mommy Club. I have more friends now than I have in years, and I am SO thankful. They aren't women I see every day, some I haven't even talked to in ages; but once you become a mama, everything is out the window but love. The advice and encouragements I have pouring in from all over the country has been overwhelming and SO needed! Especially being a young mom, it's been incredible having ladies to reach out too with my million questions. Even the mom I nanny for brought out a HUGE bin of gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous, maternity clothes for me to take home. It's something I can't even explain, but it's wonderful. And to all of you who read my blog that have reached out to me...THANK YOU. You know who you are :)
 
5. My relationship with God. I've always had a very strong relationship with my Lord, but since I found out I was preggo it has evolved SO deeply. I've realized just how selfish and careless I really have been in my life. My body isn't mine anymore, it's this baby's. The peace and calm that prayers have given me is something I can't even begin to explain. He is so quick to answer prayers. He has blessed mine and Andrew's relationship. Honestly since this baby came into the picture, He has truly saved me from the confusing path of life I've been on. Knowing that He controls the ENTIRE universe gives me such a peace of mind about this pregnancy. It's easy to catch myself worrying away about what might happen or might be, but He calms my heart and assures me that no matter what, He is beside me.
 
So that's all for now :) I'm just a happy, blessed, loved pregnant lady and I could not be luckier.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
How far along? 18 weeks
Total weight gain/loss? but seriously...I need to get a scale.
Maternity clothes? OH MY GOSH the joy of maternity clothes. Seriously, I came home last night squeeling and ran straight into the bedroom trying on all the clothes I had just been given. I would run out and scream "LOOK HOW CUTE THIS IS!" and Andrew just kinda watched me and laughed from afar. Seriously, he's been a saint. But I now have the CUTEST maternity clothes, which I thought were impossible to find. The picture up there? ALL maternity clothes. YUP!
Stretch Marks? no, and fingers crossed can avoid big ones! I'm growing so I gotta watch it
Sleep? Not a whole lot during the night. It's just hard to get comfortable, and I feel like little one loves to just sit on my bladder.
Best moment this week? Still the flutters of the baby :))
Told family/friends? Yes!
Miss anything? Tonight Andrew took me out to a really nice steakhouse. I was surrounded by wine bottles. I was sad.
Movement? Little dance moves!
Cravings?  Food in general haha Luckily I pack our fridge with healthy food, or else I would PIG OUT. 
Started showing yet? Ohh yeah. It's obvious, I'm preggo.
Gender prediction? No clue! We have our gender appointment Tuesday though :)) The doctor's keeping it a secret for us though until the wedding. It's killing me!!!
Labor signs? Nope
Belly button in or out? In but it's amazing how quickly it's become more shallow. I feel like it's going to pop out a lot sooner than most women.
Happy or moody? I've been really happy! I'm just so blessed!
Looking forward too? Finding out what we're having FINALLY!! And having all of our friends and family come in for our WEDDING!!!!


2 comments:

  1. <3 so sweet mama. i'd just die waiting to find out... we found out at 16 weeks and even THAT felt like forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeekkkkk!!!!!! So exciting! Can't believe how time is flying by... Love how excited Andrew is! I want to know if its a boy or a girl!!!!
    The Lord has blessed you :)

    ReplyDelete