Thursday, February 21, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things..

 
Alright..I am feeling spunky today! The 2nd trimester has been very kind to me so far. A little bit of sickness, but so much energy back. SO! Since I'm in such a chipper mood, I thought I'd share some of my preggo favorites. I know this list will grow as time goes on, but here's the start!
 
1. The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy
 
 
 
I found this book through littlebabygarvin.blogspot.com It's incredibleee. As much as I love "What to Expect When You're Expecting", this book keeps me sane. It's all the things that you would expect your best friends to be brutally honest about. It's the TMI about all the less than glamorous things that come along with pregnancy. She is HUH-larious. I swear, something will be going on with my body and I'll turn the page and tadaaaaa! There's the explanation. :) Being a younger mom, most of the people I know aren't on the baby track. However, I have found that mommy facebook friends have reached out to me. It's like you join this amazing circle of incredible women who want to just help you and love on you. So I add them to this book, because they are my girlfriends. :)
 
 
2. The What To Expect When You're Expecting Workout
 
 
 
I just started this today but I'm already in love. This workout is amazing. It's unbelievably catered specifically to being pregnant. I may have busted out in tears once or twice as the instructors talked about the bonding going on as we nestled our bellies while lunging. It's bliss.
It's also nice to just do some physical activity. Not only is it great for baby, but for my energy too! After not being able to peel myself off the couch for 3 months, some movement is awesome. I think that's why I'm in such a good mood! I am ELATED. That could also be the hormones. But its AWESOME.
 
Oh, also that pink Nalgene water bottle has been my saving grace. I go through at least ten of those a day, sucking down water. It's nice because it has a lid and I can cuddle it in bed.
 
If you're a mama to be, I would highly suggest both of these. Being pregnant is awesome, and these just amplify that feeling!
 
Bed head + all pink workout gear. Giiit it.

1 comment:

  1. Your Auntie Nina showed me your blog and I absolutely love it! Your enthusiasm about pregnancy is contagious. I'm 16 weeks and two days. :)

    -Britty

    ReplyDelete