Monday, April 29, 2013

It's A.....

BOY!!!!!!!!
We are SO excited to announce that little Mitchell is in fact Jack William Mitchell!
 

I've had a big feeling for a long time that baby was a "he", so I was not surprised when I cut into our wedding cake and saw blue!
 

 
 
Waiting to find out what we were having was SO HARD. It felt like years since our last appointment, and knowing that our wedding planner knew and we didn't was torture! It took every bit of strength I had to not go tearing through our wedding cake when we arrived at the venue.
 
Let me say though, waiting was SO worth it!! Being able to share that moment with those closest to us was incredible. We all ran into the cake room (after the ceremony, toasts, dinner, come on!!!) and everyone picked a side for either girl or boy. Girl was definitely in the lead. The room got dead silent as Andrew and I cut into the cake. One more cut, and I couldn't take it anymore! I slid the piece sideways and screamed , "IT'S A BOY!!!!" And then I lost it.
 
Jack was kicking me the whole time we read our vows, and then the whole time we were cutting into the cake. That baby boy was front and center, letting his mom and dad know he was a part of our day. The second I found he was "he" I seriously felt that I bonded with him one million times over. There's something incredible about putting a name to a face, especially when that little face is inside my belly. I have fallen in love with him more than I can even put into words. I can't wait to meet our son!
 
Our venue captured the moment on tape. The celebration you hear can't even come close to the love we felt!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment